Thursday, May 27, 2010

It begins

I started running.... again in February. I just made it a point to go three times a week.

This week is my first official week of training. I've got it all mapped out on my calendar.

But... when I made the calendar I didn't know my husband (a.k.a hold down the fort while I run man) would be leaving me for two weeks to go hob-nob with the moose and elk in northern Montana.

I hate the treadmill more than I hate just about anything. So.... It's now Thrusday and I've gone running one time this week. I decided to count a trip to the zoo and a few walking laps around the park while my son played T-ball as cross training.

But up until he totally left me stranded here ;) I've been going running 4-5 days a week with my longest run topping out at 8.5 miles.

I'm feeling pretty good but I am totally scared for the weeks where the shortest run is 5 miles. and the longest is almost two times longer than I have ever run continuously in my entire life. I'm not sure I have it in me. I'm not sure my hips can take it. I know how to wrap a knee, and an ankle, but hips? This could get interesting.

Thank goodness my man returns soon. I want to burn the treadmill! BURN! **insert evil laugh here**

No comments:

Post a Comment