Thursday, May 27, 2010

Welcome

Well Hello there.


I decided to start this blog to take advantage of the time I waste on the internet and maybe get a running journal from it.

I recently found out that I was selected in the lottery for the St. George marathon this year and my lofty goal of running a marathon became much more real. And much more scary.

I've always been a runner but have been on a 6+ year hiatus due to having 3 children.

I did manage to run a half marathon last summer and I was amazed at how much easier it was to get back in shape (well, relatively back in shape that is) this spring since I hadn't had a child in between. :) But my child bearing years have done their damage and I'm slow and my hips are permanently changed but I'm determined to do this anyway.

I may be sharing this blog with friends who also want to record their running experience this summer.  We'll see.

Oh, and the title.... When you have two Thomas and Friends fans in the house... you go with what you've got. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment