Thursday, June 24, 2010

A day of rest

I think I'm going to look forward to Thursdays this summer. It is my "rest" day. (along with Sunday, but that day is filled with church responsibilities and such and is exhausting on a whole new level)

Things are starting to pick up on my running schedule. My lovely 3 miles runs have now turned into 4 mile runs, and next week will be 5 mile runs! SCARY!

I haven't run mileage like this since highschool and I was young and had not given birth 3 times. I didn't have little people waking me at all hours of the night and my meals were pretty much made for me.

On a fantastically positive note, I'm getting my apatite back. Do you know how long I've gone since food was simply something to cure hunger pains? Just about since I was pregnant with Roman. It's been over 6 years now!

The other day I made some of my sisters Rhubarb crisp. I devoured it and was so absolutely satisfied afterward. It was like heaven.

I may be able to pin this wonderful development on running. I don't know, but I like it!

This week I did intervals again. And will continue to do intervals just about week. This time it was 4 X 800's. I took my kids to the track hoping they would play happily in the sand pit while I ran around and around. No such luck. Ezra cried so I had to push him and Marisa. Uggg. Talk about exhausting. I guess it's can only be good for my training to push them but it's so hard. They weigh a combined total of 60 lbs and the stroller is something like 15 lbs.  75 lbs I'm pushing around! As soon as the wind pushes against us even a little I feel it.

I'm not against just letting Ezra cry until he gives up and starts playing, but the whole town was at the track that morning. I didn't want to seem cruel... even though I am... a little. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment