Friday, June 18, 2010

Vacation

I haven't been writing about my running because I was on vacation in Ohio.

Never fear though, I ran dilligently and I think I only missed one day.

Wow! Talk about training. Just go from a place with litterally no humidity to a place with 80% humidity.

My first run was a simple 4 mile run and I nearly died. I probably walked over 1/2 mile and came home just dripping with sweat.

I shortened my long runs two miles because It became really hard to cool down with all the humidity. So my 8 mile run was actually just over 6 and my 10 mile run was 8.5 miles. They were still quite the work out.

One day I decided to do some lunges in hopes of strengthening my silly hips. HOLY COW! I was in pain for an entire week for that stunt. I guess I haven't been using that muscle AT ALL when I run. But my hip has felt a little better so I think I better keep it up.

Also, I got my official results from my 5k and was slightly disappointed. My actual time was 27:11. I wish I could use the excuse that it took 5 minutes just to get across the start line, but 'tis not so. There were 178 runners. Still, At least it wasn't 30 minutes. :)

Now we are back home and I am totally enjoying my low mileage week. 3-3 mile runs with a 6 mile Saturday. I wish they were all so easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment