Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Supposed to...

This week is supposed to be pretty intense. Running wise anyway.

5 miles, 4X800, 4 miles, rest, 4 miles fast, 14 miles.

Instead I think this is how it's going to go:

4 miles (I walked over a mile of it), rest? or maybe 2 slow miles, 4 miles, 3 miles fast, 5-7 miles.

I have a race on Monday (10K) and while my time doesn't matter, I don't want to die. And it would be nice to have a better time than last year.

We started off the week with 4 hours in the E.R. in the middle of the night. Monday, I could barely stand up, let alone run.

I just think this week isn't the week to push it.

Speaking of pushing it. I'm not getting any faster. I'm stuck in my nine minute miles like a fly stuck on a fly trap.

Actually, I have no idea how fast I'm running really. I don't run with a watch. All I know is that if I run 3 miles, I get home 30 minutes after I left, if I run 12 miles, I get home 2 hours after I left.  I know... that's 10 minute miles, but I do walk and stretch a little in there accounting for the extra time. ;) I just feel like I'm not getting any faster at all.

Oh well, here goes another week.

No comments:

Post a Comment